Saturday, August 11, 2012

Lucene in Google App Engine (LAE)

I'm glad to announce that now it's possible to use the Apache Lucene framework in Google App Engine thanks to my project hosted on googlecode: lucene-appengine (LAE).


Main features:
  • Lucene 3.6.x compatible
  • Storage in Google App Engine
  • Supported operations: Add, Remove, Update, Index, Deindex, everything?! (I need you to check)
  • Multiple indexes in the same application
  • No more RAMDirectory for Google App Engine powered applications
  • No more index size limit of 1MB
  • Yes! It works, see it in action (demo site)
  • Open your mind to new Google App Engine applications powered by Lucene

Project resources:

Coming Soon:
  • Performance improvements
    • asynch indexing
    • buffer management

I'll post also some interesting examples about how to use appengine taskqueue based indexing technique.
I hope I'll be able to follow every major release of Apache Lucene.

Related posts:

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete